Saturday 22 October 2011

Day 1: Fired up

I have spent the most amazing day and a half curled up in my bed or sitting cross-legged on my desk chair, in front of my laptop while I blatantly ignore the piles of school notebooks that have been strewn across my desk and floor. It started off on Thursday afternoon on Pinterest and, well, you know how it goes. One site leads you to another - and each new site made my soul feel bigger, bolder and more inspired than the last. This mesmerized stupor held my attention until this afternoon on this wonderful sunny South African Friday. I found so much inspiration in so many things; beauty, writing, travel, crafting, journalling - the world as a whole. I've been in my happy place. One of the pictures I came across while hunting (courtesy of this lovely lady - who was my main source of inspiration yesterday) was this 30 Day Photo Challenge

One of my New Years Resolutions for twenty-eleven was to take a picture every day of the year. Big fail (as New Year's Resolutions usually are). When I found this picture, I thought the challenge would be a bit more realistic to try out. Also - small creative projects as such do tend to excite me. My day one is today and I made a considerable mess of my room preparing for my first photo - I brought in my sister's wall mirror; I dug out all the make up and bobby pins I could find in the depth of all household drawers; I experimented with all different sorts of hairstyles and make up tutorials. My desk has make up marks all over it and I'm pretty sure I lost a great many things in the clutter of my room. All in all, I was quite excited by my first photo of the thirty days.

What has my recent day-and-a-half of total inspiration taught me? No life lesson, but it has hardened the fact that this is how I love to spend my me-days. And sometimes that's important - me-days. To give yourself something back.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...