Sunday 13 May 2012

How I am strong, is to know what makes me weak

Love is my greatest and most cherished value, whether this be the love of a family member, a friend or my incredible boyfriend - each is the same and uniquely different in its own overwhelmingly beautiful way. They come above all else.

I have learned a lot about love in the past few years as I have seen so much unfold in front of me and take my life screeching around unexpected turns. I have seen my family fall to ashes, and build themselves up again like a phoenix from a fire. I have learned that you can love someone, and not be able to stand them and you do these two things at exactly the same time. I have learned that it is never easy.

This comes from the very heart of my soul, and it is for someone who means more to me than one could dare say. The greatest love between two people stems from their choice of each other over everything else every single time. Their need to walk away, but to not let go of each other when they do so, only to walk right back never having wanted to stay away for too long in the first place.

There is nothing certain about love; only the certainty of that other person. You don't know where it is going to take you and you don't really care. You don't want to know if it's going to be devastating, silly, profound, subtle, immature, feisty - you only want to know that it just is. If that is what it comes down to at the end of the day, don't turn your back and don't go. You'll find balance where balance is needed.

"It's the only way to leave, "I don't love you anymore. Goodbye"." "Supposing we do still love them?" "You don't leave."
- Closer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...