Tuesday 14 February 2012

Day 7: When In Doubt: RedRedRed

I've been stuck on this one photograph - "my favourite colour" - for a while. I had no idea what to do for it - nothing creative was hitting me square in the face like it usually does. My favourite colour, in my head, has always been blue, and so, I could have taken a picture of the sky, but, seriously? Boring. And so cliche. I could think of nothing, until one day I opened my car door to get something out the back when I stopped and took in what I saw - a red Hyundai, a red Matric jacket, red sunglasses and a red handbag. Red red red. So, I thought, I like red pretty damn much too.

"People observe the colours of a day only at the beginnings and ends, but to me it;s quite clear that a day emerges through a multitude of shades and intonations with each passing moment. A single hour can consist of thousands of different colours. Waxy yellows, cloud-spot blues. Murky darkness. In my line of work, I make a point to notice them." - Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...