Thursday 18 October 2012

LA-Photography



Lauren Mitchell is a twenty-year-old photographer from Pretoria where she is currently studying at The Open Window School of Visual Communication.

I can't say that I stumbled on her photography, as I have known Lauren for a couple of years but after walking myself through her photography on Facebook, I asked her to take photo's of a group of friends and myself for my Matric Dance. From then until now, I have easily been swept up in the beauty and talent which is laid down in her photography.

I'm in love with her work and I just had to share it. I love it even more for the fact that it is purely South African.



My Matric Dance



A 21st Birthday Shoot



Another Matric Dance






Various Other Shoots




I was dying to pick Lauren's brains a bit and so I asked her why she loves photography and at the same time, what her vision is as a photographer. This was her answer:

Well, I'm really blind. I literally can't see past a meter in front of me but when I look through the lens I can see perfectly. It's just weird that someone so blind is so passionate about something so visual. Everybody these days with an SLR camera is a photographer, but it's not about the beauty of a photo, it's the communication of it. A photo must say something. Good photography doesn't need to be explained, it can be understood through silence. It's more difficult than it sounds, but once you understand it, it just gets better from there.

For anyone that is wondering, Lauren uses a Nikon D5100. You can find her LA-Photography Facebook page by clicking here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...