Tuesday 17 July 2012

9GAG, Idols and Living Life One Item at a Time

School started today - big life-stifling bleb. Cue my rose-colored glasses: on the bright side, it was my very last first-day of high school. Ever. Cue beer-goggles.

I have some great stuff for your guys - entertaining, even!

I found this video on 9GAG the other night (I know, don't give me that look. I have a problem. It's almost as big as the current obsession I have with Brickbreaker. Must. Reach. Level. Twenty. Three.).  I thought it was awesome because, really, when we're honest with ourselves, who hasn't done this?!


The second video I have for you guys, and the one I'm bursting at my seams to share is my friend Dominic Neill's audition video for Idols South Africa. In recent news, he has made it to the Top 18 contestants. I can't (can't... or won't) tell you how many times I've watched his audition video, but he just has this style that I can't say I've seen in anyone else. This is a fairly popular song, but he performs it with such enthusiasm, rhythm, passion and with a truly South Africa heart, that I'm sure no one else has even considered such a cover before.


In my personal news - I was able to cross off the sixtieth item on my Life List  this weekend - bartend! I snatched up the opportunity to get a job at the club myself and my friends often find ourselves at, and my first working night was on Friday! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it - it was too sick - and I feel edgy using such a colloquial word on my blog but, really, nothing else will fully describe it. I loved the vibe from behind the bar, I loved serving the drinks and I loved that my friends sat at the bar forcing everyone who bought from me to give me a tip (thanks guys **wink wink**). I do have the best friends. I'm working again this weekend. Oh, and, plus, I'm earning a fair amount of money. It's a students life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...