Wednesday 11 July 2012

Blogger Catch Up

WARNING: This is going to be quite a heavy post... (don't let that put you off though)


Before I start my ramblings, I have to share this video with you. It's a talk called Everything Is Spiritual by Rob Bell. I'm not the world's most spiritual person. I don't go to church. I have my doubts about the bible, but I do believe there is a higher power. Even if you aren't spiritual, this is still an incredible video to watch and will make you question and think about so much.


Right! As I have mentioned rather briefly in the past couple of posts, I have been out and about and doing all sorts of things. I haven't had the time to sit down and write about them, but I arrived back in Joburg yesterday, from a holiday in Cape Town (mini-edition) and I can finally put my fingers to my keyboard.

With regard to my most embarrassing moment that I mentioned in my last post, about the post before that (still with me?) - there was no football match between Germany and Portugal to determine third place in the Euro Cup. I thought about editing the post and erasing that little mistake, but I thought, instead, we could all have a laugh here. BUT, if there was a match, I think it's safe to say Germany would have come out on top.

The Lion and Rhino Park story (before, I said the Lion and Cheetah Park - I'm not doing too well, am I? Perhaps there was a Lion and Cheetah Park in Zim. I don't know how else I would have gotten myself confused. Let's bow our heads and hope for better days in my future.)

Anyway - it was such an amazing weekend, and I love to do something different now and then. It was incredibly hot the entire weekend (save the evening, of course...) and I only packed warm clothes since it is freezing here in J-Town. We had to make do with rolling up our long pants and keeping our jersey's far away from us. There was a game drive (our own personal game drive, mind you, which turned out to be much better than a professional one), a jacuzzi session which lasted a few hours, a game of 30 seconds (my group and myself proved ourselves champions), a quiz on the birthday girl and a fire outside.

The next morning we went to look at the animals as well as played with lion cubs! I cannot tell you how much I want one - that was inevitably going to happen, was it not?




 The picture above is meant to be of a civet cat, but I just googled a civet cat, and it has given me pictures of animals which resemble the animal above, but cross a mongoose, or something of the likes, so I will leave that to your imagination. Go wild.

Hippo's bathing in the sun!

Having a wash.
I spent my last day in J-town on my project for my boyfriend's birthday. I've been wanting to talk about this for so long, and now that he finally knows what is going on, I can!

I started on this present in May. I contacted very many of the people in Johnathan's life, and I asked them to send me a memory they have had with him. I asked his family, his Joburg friends, his Cape Town friends, my family and my friends. Some people gave me one big memory, and others gave me many small memories. I then divided the memories up and put them into eighteen separate envelopes, in order to give him one a day, starting eighteen days before his eighteenth birthday (July 25th). What you see in the pictures below, are my memories. I cut eighteen pieces of black card, selected eighteen of my favourite photos of him and I, numbered the cards, and on the back in silver pen I wrote a memory I've had with Johno.


Here are some of the front of some of the cards...







These are some of the printed memories, before the scissors and glue...

When I arrived in Cape Town on Thursday morning, Johno gave me my presents from Europe, and I couldn't hold it in any longer and I just had to give him one of the envelopes early. He loved it, and on my last day with him he ended up opening all eight of the envelopes I had brought with me. Oops...

He then went through his old school magazine, finding more people I could ask (teeheehee!). So I'd say he loved the present.

Much to my annoyance, I didn't take many photo's of my holiday (mini-edition) at all. I did take one photo though, that I thought was quite funny. A typical male grocery shop...


My sister arrived back from Europe while I was away in Cape Town, and so I hadn't seen her for 3 weeks until last night. She gave me the presents she bought me while she was away. I was completely spoilt.

A miniature mirror from Paris.

Shot glasses from Berlin.

A miniature hubby from Istanbul.

A rosary from Rome. 
The rosary smells of Jasmine, and my sister told me that it is from the Jasmine that is grown in the Vatican gardens. Beautiful, no?

I'm back in business!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...