Sunday 11 November 2012

Brilliant People: Part 1 Guest Post

I have a select number of people who I consider to be my biggest inspirations in life. The essence of their effect on my life is that they further me as a person and challenge me to be bigger and better than I have ever been before.

I have contacted a select few of them to ask them what inspires them. That is one of the most interesting things to me - what drives the people that drive me? Everyone has their own form of motivation, inspirations and driving forces that push them into the future and into themselves.

Without further adieu, one of my first inspirations that I am going to share with you, Khanyi Mashiya - someone I have been friends with since grade five and am still close with today.



I asked her the following two questions, and these were her answers...

What and who are you inspired by and why?
I have 4 main inspirations in my life. Each that bring their own element to my being and dictate the person that I am and want to be.
1. Ellen Degeneres. She just has the ability to make me forget any problems that I'm going through when I watch her. She is the epitome of humility and generosity to me. She makes me want to be a better person and look at the world with a "who cares if the glass is half full or half empty, just drink the damn water!" sort of attitude.
2. The Buried Life cast. (Ben, Dave, Duncan, Jannie). They are 4 average out-of-college guys completing their own list of "100 Things to do before I die" and for everything they cross on their list they selflessly help a stranger cross something off their own. They just echo my philosophy of living your life without the hear of that is isn't what other's expect of you. They have no funds and give back with money they raise on their own. It just shows you don't have to be a "somebody" to change lives.
3) Jamar Rogers, a singer who was diagnosed with HIV/ Aids due to his past drug use. He is now clean and has one of the most loving personalities and beautiful outlooks on life. He simple speaks words of inspiration and motivation. He has helped rid me of some of the SOMETHING that I carried about Aids and shown me nothing can make this life worth not living.
4) My mom. She is my pillar and rock. She had me when she was pretty young, raise me, worked a job and still got through university without anyone's help. She has given most of her life to me. I love her even when I hate her and only hope to be as strong-minded and selfless as her.

What is your philosophy in life?
I believe that everything in life is complemented by what energy you give off, hence my solid affirmation in a little thing called "Karma". I  believe that what you put into this life is what you're going to get out of it. If you're sick and tired of something, shut up and actually do something about it! Lend a purpose to your existence on this earth. And as much as I would love to ramble on about the ideologies of Darwin and Beckett - I can't. Because I guess in some way my own philosophy of life isn't quite complete and concrete. It's kind of being edited every day. I'm a teenage, shoot me. So for now - 'YOLO' will do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...