Friday 21 December 2012

Drop-by and Deliver: A Treat for the Book Worms (And Christmas-must-read)

This is the first quiet afternoon I've had in a while. Since my room has been packed up (and taken away on the moving-van this afternoon) and my car is gone, there isn't much to do. The only thing left on the agenda is to enjoy my last eight days in Joburg, and to relax.

Throughout this week - seeing people, packing up - all I've wanted to do is read my book. I'm three-quarters of the way through The Chamber by John Grisham and I'm hooked. It can be quite a bad thing because while I should be spending time with the people I won't see for a long time, all I wanna do is bury myself in my small single mattress in my empty room duvet and lose myself in the pages of my book with a cup of coffee in my hand.

I was quite happy to get back to Sam Cayhall and Adam Hall this afternoon. However, I've also found some little gems on the internet that I thought I'd share with you.

I don't often get to read - or I haven't been able to read much over the last couple of years, and so I am taking full advantage of it now. I joined a virtual book club on Facebook called Close Reads Cafe. In turn, this led me to a couple of other wonderful sights.



Novel Sounds - a young adult book blog that combines a song or two with every review. (Books and music? There is seldom a better combination. It also gives me many books to add to my December-January reading list. I love this idea.)

BookMooch - give books away. Get books you want. (An online exchange system - it gives a personal touch to book-shopping - another idea I love.)

And in the spirit of Christmas and remembering loved ones, or spending time with loved ones, I thought this was a beautifully written and very sentimental post - even to those of us who are lucky enough not to have lost anyone close to us. To those who have - I can't imagine what these words must mean to you. Always Do. You'll Be Glad You Did by Ashley Ambirge.


Happy reading/holidays!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...