Friday 11 January 2013

Feel Good Habits

I do apologise for the lack of colour in my latest posts. It makes me want to shiver in shame but nout to be done, I suppose. I just have to sit tight and wait for the internet in my apartment to be installed so I can get on and show you how beautiful my new home is.

My current health-streak is at an all-time high. I suspect it has something to do with the air here in Cape Town. Everyone is so active. It's not hard to spot joggers anywhere in Cape Town, at any time of the day. My flat-mate Nicky (still yet to arrive) and I are signing up to run the Two Oceans Half Marathon this year. So I have 78 days to train in order to run 21km. It shouldn't be an issue: as long as I stick to my current training and eating habits.

Speaking of health and currently-dull blogs, I've started up a Fitness and Health Tumblr page: One Student. One Mission. I'll be using said training and eating habits to pass them on to you (hopefully) and keep you motivated and inspired with all things good and healthy for the body.

Part of the reason I'm so determined to do good by my health is because I went to the Body World's exhibition at the V&A Waterfront a couple of days ago. They dissect (literally and otherwise) the body to such a degree that, by the time you exit the exhibition, you know everything about the human body - what is harmful to it, how it works, the intricate details of aging, how to prolong your life, etc etc. It's an incredible process that produces an outstanding and fascinating exhibition. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to go and see it.

Since I don't have a picture to sign off this post with, a quote is the next step up.

"I guess what I'm saying is that this all feels very familiar. But it's not mine to be familiar about. I just know that another kid has felt this. This one time when it's peaceful outside, and you're seeing things move, and you don't want to, and everyone is asleep. And all the books you've read have been read by other people. And all the songs you've loved have been heard by other people. And that girl that's pretty to you is pretty to other people. And you know that if you looked at these facts when you were happy, you would feel great because you are describing "unity"."
            - The Perks of being a Wallflower

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...