Tuesday 21 August 2012

The Best and The Worst - The Last Days

Spring is on its way. I have been lying in the sun for the past couple of hours and I can't tell you how heavenly it is. I've come indoors to blog a bit before going out into the sun to carry on studying, and I'm beginning to feel a bit sleepy, lying here on my bed. Nevertheless, it has been the best part of my day, apart from having my matric dance dress delivered (*wiggles bum*) and going shopping for shoes. It was all very glitz-y glamour this morning, and mom and I finished off with iced coffee's and cinnamon sticks at Cinnabon.

Despite recent family issues, and the hardest exams of the year just about the corner, life is beautiful at the moment. I am happy, focused and full of life which is more than I can say for myself this time last year - quite the opposite actually. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have the life that I do. I have the most heart-warming family, the best boyfriend and the most life-changing friends who I am going to miss so much next year.

We should always turn towards the thoughts and choices which create, not destroy, and so, speaking of next year - I finally have an apartment and I am moving into it, together with my very first best friend all the way back in grade one when I still lived in Zim. Who knew? The course I am doing next year is fantastic. It has everything from fitness and nutrition, to public speaking and marketing. I have been accepted and have put down my deposit for it.

Although the academic part of school leaves much to be desired at this point with my first exam on Friday - History paper one - it has still been some of the best couple of weeks of my life, and will continue to be even better. I had my last two drama practicals exams - ever - last weekend. I love performing and it gives me an elated, soulful feeling that I haven't gotten from anything else before, but it was definitely time to lay it to rest.

We had our forty-days last week Tuesday which was awesome. It marked our last forty days of high-school classes and the entire grade came dressed up to the theme "what I want to be when I grow up". It's also a day during which we let go a bit - for example, five matrics drove their cars onto the field, and one drifted. Mind you, they did get in trouble and were sent home. Apparently someone has been suspended from our Matric Dance, but such stories like to make their way around our school from time to time. I went as a fairy because when I was a young, wee thing, my mom used to leave us notes as "our fairy" that we used to reply to. We learned that everyone had their own fairy that was there to look after them until they grew up. I dare anyone to tell me that I don't have the best mom. It worked until I realised my fairy's writing was exactly the same as my mom - just one thousand times smaller.

Class of '12.

A baby (never wanted to grow up - geddit?) and a nun.

Two babies, and Barney. Fitting.

Me and Minnie (Mickey?) Mouse. (I was a fairy)

The five-heroes of August the fourteenth.

How To Get Out Of Maths Class 101.

A baby, and a fairy. 
This weekend I went away for my sister's sixteenth birthday - just for the one night. We didn't go far - we just went to the Lion Park which is not far from where I live at all. It was a nice change, and something to experience - perhaps a part of Project Joburg, but I wouldn't officially say so.

I also watched The Devil's Advocate with Al Pacino. If you haven't seen it... go. Right now!

I hope you see things that stop you. 
I hope you feel things that you've never felt before.  
I hope you live a life that you are proud of and if you find that you are not, 
I hope you have the strength to start all over again. - Eric Roth

2 comments:

Ivo Serenthà said...

eligMy compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera"

CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

Greetings from Italy

Marlow

Nicole said...

Thank you. Your photo's are lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...