Monday 27 August 2012

Ambiguity towards the Internet and Blog and Anniversary Madness

I really should disconnect my MacBook, iPad and all other electronic devices from my wi-fi during exam season or get my mom to change our password, but, *scoffs*, who am I kidding?

I get these things which I like to call exam-frenzies, when I spend hours on the internet, jumping from blog to blog, and falling in love with so many people and their stories. These frenzies, as hunky-dory and as heart-warming as they are, really don't come at the best of times. They don't come before exams start, or after, but instead, smack-bang in the middle of them. It's probably because I wrote the worst maths exam of my life today, and now my brain is rejecting any sort of mental involvement with academics, but I have an english exam tomorrow, and so I'm not stressed and I can allow myself this one day of debauchery.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, if you would look to your right, you will see A MILLION NEW BLOG BUTTONS I HAVE ADDED TO MY PAGE BECAUSE OH MY GOODNESS THIS MADNESS WILL NEVER END!

I also added my button - my very first! Glory glory. But, seriously, go check out the new blogs I've linked to. I only link the best of the best - the ones I fall in love with.

In other news, it is my second year anniversary next month with my heart and soul. Again, very hunky-dory, until I tell you my dilemma. For our first year anniversary, I got him a chain with a ring on it. For our year-and-a-half-anniversary, I engraved the ring. I've cooked him low-carb cookies for his birthday because he was on the Atkinson's Diet. I've thrown him a surprise party. I've made him a collage. I've bought him books, and tons of Manchester United things (his true love, you understand). I really should have done what he did, and started small with the presents and then worked my way up, but, no, I like to go all out. ALL THE TIME. Until now. Now I have absolutely no idea what to do. There is also the tiny fact that our second year anniversary is also SMACK-BANG in the middle of exams, and so we won't be spending the day together.

**cue: heart sobs**

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to throw them around in the comments below. Key words, even. I don't care. I'm very creative. Give me a thread and I'll create a masterpiece. You know, if I do say so myself.

Thank you, lovely humans. All my love.

5 comments:

vannessienoo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vannessienoo said...

I've got a good suggestion for a two year anniversary present!! What about crocheting him something?! Heheheh! I know someone who can help you with that!!! Hahaha!!! Jokes aside, LOVE your blog, love it when you have been in blog frenzy and have posted something new to read!!! And now that you have done that...GO STUDY ENGLISH!!!!

Love ya gurl!!!!!

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

Hi!
So glad you discovered my blog and I look forward to following yours more! Blogging is my favorite, especially when connecting to people across the world. Gift suggestion: electronics of some sort? I feel like guys usually dig that stuff. Also, uncommongoods.com has some really cool stuff. Or like an experience, like sky diving or race track driving?

THANKS FOR ADDING MY BUTTON!

xxxxx,

Alex

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

oh, and I meant to ask, can you add an RSS feed to your blog (feedburner.google.com) so I can read on my google reader? I added you on bloglovin but don't usually read there

Nicole said...

I agree with you about connecting with people :) there's too much to learn about the world and blogging makes it that much easier... :) plus, people are just awesome ;)

thank you for the suggestion! I'm definitely going to check out that website...! The experience sounds awesome.... we've wanted to go sky diving for a while. I want to go sky-diving in Cape Town because it's one of the most beautiful places on earth... I think! But he said he wants to go sky-diving in Soweto, one of the biggest townships in Johannesburg... not as pretty! But one of the most interesting parts of South Africa... so many stories! That's a really good idea! Thank you so much!

And pleasure ;)

And yes, sure - I'll add the RSS reader! Thank you so much xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...