Friday 22 June 2012

Cape Town Adventures

I am writing this post off my new Macbook. It is my new best friend.

As mentioned in the previous post, I was in Cape Town for four days this week to take a look at my sister's boarding school for next year, and my academy that I am looking into studying at. I have been to Cape Town quite a few times over the last year or so - since February last year - because my heart and soul lives there - my boyfriend. Each time I return I fall more and more in love with the city. This time, I did not stay with my boyfriend as he is all the way in Poland watching the Euro Cup - yes yes, everyone sigh and gasp. I went with my sister and dad and we stayed at the Ambassador Hotel. It was right on the beach, and it had the most phenomonel views.

I just had to share. This post is a bit picture heavy. I am going back to visit my boy next month, otherwise I would have had to wait over a month to see him and my heart cannot handle such an absence. I will be sure to take more pictures of more incredible views. Feast your eyes on these... (awkward that the first photo is of me... you can move swiftly on!)


Breakfast snapshot

My rooibos tea against the beautiful backdrop of the Atlantic ocean

The flags outside of our hotel, and the beautiful match they make with the sky behind them.

Cape Town's version of the London Eye.

I wish I was a male, just so that I could feel legitamate when coming here. 

My dad getting a Hot Towel Shave.

One of the most beautiful views in the city - the V&A Waterfront.

I found this sign while walking to the Clock Tower to ask about bookings for Robben Island, and it made me smile and my eyes twinkle in thought of the world out there.

On the way to one of my favorite spots - Camps Bay. There have only been good memories made there.

My sister and I.

The best cocktails. The best food. The time they did not have sushi. This did not make me happy.

Shake what your mama gave you.

I went for a walk one afternoon, down to a little cafe I'd seen and took a liking to. This was a view from the road - The Lion's Head.

This was the cafe I had seen and taken a liking to - tucked away inside an old train. Unfortunately it was not a coffee shop, but a restaurant. It had a rooibos tea anyway.

The view from our breakfast table each morning.

Since Robben Island was unavailable - we went on a helicopter ride!


The view from above.

Dad and Laura up in the air.
Isn't she beautiful? My home, as of next year. I am so lucky.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...