Saturday 30 June 2012

Weekend Notes

Since we last spoke, Germany lost their match against Italy and I was left utterly dismayed, and perhaps even heartbroken - especially when the whistle was blown and the germans team members looked crestfallen. Mesut Ozil (I don't have a fancy keyboard so I can't put the two dots on the "O" unless I am being technologically illiterate) sat on the field, hands in his head. That broke my heart (maybe because I have a little crush on him and I don't care who judges me.) However, as a german friend of mine commented, (a german friend who does not support germany - TRAITOR) "they are confident in themselves but graceful in defeat". They really are a beautiful team and they fought hard. Hopefully we will see them defeat Portugal, and land themselves in third place...

Today I am going to the Lion and Cheetah park. I can't actually remember if I have ever gone there before, but either way, it will be an experience and is also something that I can make a part of Project Joburg. We're staying overnight, and it's for a friend's eighteenth - ain't no average day visit!

Until I am reunited with my Macbook, I will leave you with a couple of blogs that belong to a couple of my friends. I am always stunned by the extent to which my friends are remarkable writers.

Lemon Drops and Lingerie - the new blog belonging to our very own, Busang Senne. She is a fashion-ista, cynical but aiming to be not-so-dark, writing-enthusiast with a crush on Alexa Chung and a dream to be a top journalist. I have no doubt that she will be the best of the best.

Automatic For The People - by Lara Unsworth. Lara and I weren't friends until late last year. It all started when I wanted to delete twitter for exam-purposes and wanting to be completely focused, when Lara told me not to - such a bad influence. It didn't take long for us to become really close. She is one of the funniest people I know. She has such high inspirations and such a beautiful heart, even when she is ... expressing ... the delights of her hangover into every bathroom in my house - we love ya, baby!

With the reluctant decision to love and leave you beauties, I will be back with more stories of Africa.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...