Monday 25 June 2012

Dad's and Strawberries

I only tried this restaurant once, a couple of months ago, and I really love it. The name is suggestive, and makes me feel a bit dirty, but it's all part of the atmosphere inside. They have very unconventional meals to offer, which is my favourite part and it makes you feel as if there is always something new to try.

On my second visit, I went with my sister and dad for Father's Day. It is quite a satisfactory feeling when you find something that my dad likes, and I think anyone will stand behind me on that statement. He thoroughly enjoyed the Throbbing Strawberry on this occasion, as did I. I always tend to have the same things at restaurants - especially if they have sushi on the menu - but this time I stepped out a bit (although I still had sushi) and I indulged in a kebab starter of fillet, haloumi and tomatoes. For my main course I had sushi (obviously) as well as a tantalising salad (and not your usual one) with strawberries, bacon and brie. Laura had a pizza - she is the less-adventurous family member - and dad had the salmon, with a side of vegetables.

They had live musicians, and were extremely good. Dad kept commenting on how good they were. They did a lot of covers of a lot of good songs. It was a brilliant atmosphere for an enjoyable afternoon.

The musicians.
My sushi - delicious as ever.
My salad - one of the best things about the afternoon!
Dad's salmon - and good salmon is hard to come by.
The side of veggies - always a healthy option.
The pizza.
Classy NO U21 pub in the restaurant. 
Dad and I.
Dad and Laura.
Thus, I conclude a lovely afternoon.
Food is the ultimate pleasure. You can find The Throbbing Strawberry in Douglasdale.

P.S. I forgot my camera at home, much to my annoyance, so the photo's were taken by my dad on his iPhone: thus, the shaky quality. Sorry folks!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...